Thursday, June 02, 2011

Oslo Norway

Before getting into the soccer stuff, I feel it is important to briefly touch on the travel aspect.

Its day...3 in Oslo? I say this because the time changes May 30th I left Minneapolis at 7:30 pm. On my way to Norway I changed planes in Iceland, I arrived there around 6:00am local time, very odd flying into a city when its early morning after a 5 hour flight from a Minneapolis evening. I left Iceland around 7:00am and arrived in Oslo at 1:00pm (13:00 here). The whole time I didn't catch a wink of sleep, which was/still is brutal!

Soccer started that evening at 8:00pm when I watch my friend  Lars Stormo and his 4th division team play a league match. Long story short they went up 3-0 in the 1st half, 70-30 possession and were strolling into a win. The 2nd half was a night and day difference. There goal keeper was sent off 15 minutes in, they gave up a pk and had to put in a 3rd string keeper. The team is currently missing 4 starters and their back-up keeper. They gave up 3 more goals after making a bunch of substitutions thinking they had the game in the bag and lost 4-3, epic fail!

After the disappointing result, I then went home and went straight to bed, about time. The next 2 days consisted of a run around Oslo and some touches in the evening. Today was day one of real training/practice. I got to kick around with Lars' team for one of there regular training sessions. The game is much more technical here and speed of play is quicker. The next few days will be more of the same, I'll be heading to Arhus, Denmark Sunday morning to start my 10 day, multi-club trial. Excited is a understatement.

With the number of holidays in Oslo this time of year is been hard to get a phone and be able to add pictures via twitter and mobile uploads but I'll be blogging more  in the coming days!

Joga Bonito

Jake

2 comments:

tomASS said...

Happy Ascension Day in Norway ....a day late

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it, Jake. Good luck with the club trials in the land of Hamlet.
- Gpa