Wednesday, June 08, 2011

IK Skovbakken

Wed 6/8. It’s been a few exciting days since my last post. I have been training with IK Skovbakken 1st team and things have been going well. I did pick up a knock at training on Tuesday where during a dribbling speed drill I popped my hip-flexor. I didn’t want to sit out, so I did my best to keep training. By the end the coach called me over and asked what was wrong. I told him and he sent me right to the trainer. Good thing for me that Wednesdays are a day off, when a game is to be played on Saturdays. With some ice, treatment and day off, it feels much better, but not 100%.

My host Calle Graversen took me over to Aarhus facilities on Tuesday. We got to walk around the pitch, check out the locker rooms and meet a few players who were working out. I did not get the opportunity to train with AGF Aarhus or Fredmann. They have a partnership with IK Skovbakken (a 3rd division team 3 places behind AGF Fredmann in the standings.) AGF Fredmann is also 3rd division, but will most likely be moving up to 2nd through playoffs. AGF Aarhus is going back to 1st division. They are not looking to sign any international players until promotion/relegation is figured out. Because they are both moving up they are expecting they will have lots of interest from some top European players and academies. I guess I will just keep working hard and see where that takes me.

Joga Bonito,
Jake

No comments: